Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $44.81
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.06
About this product
- DescriptionNick-named Nina Beana, twelve-year-old Jalina B. Jons is about to have the worst day of her life. She's never lived a day away from her home, slept on the floor, eaten gruel, or questioned her survival until she and her brother Jake are told that their wealthy, treasure hunting parents are dead and they are sent to a torious, workhouse orphanage...Owenroake. Chased by gigantic spiders under Timbroke Hall, threatened by bullies, and snubbed by the Synderputt sbs, Nina plots to escape. Little does she kw that her life is about to change forever because Owenroake is ordinary orphanage. Magic, enchanted kingdoms surround Owenroake and the orphans discover a new world of hope, friends and powers. But as the magical barrier is illegally breached, weird things begin to happen and orphans disappear. Nina organizes a rescue team and embarks on a journey that leads to the brink of disaster. Thwarted by a villaius sorcerer who dispatches an evil entourage of gnarly ghouls, vampire bats, elves, and fairies, the orphans fight for their lives and to bring home a massive treasure. Along with her heroic friends, a salty pirate, and a dog named Bartie, Jalina B. Jons desperately tries to save all she holds dear. A great destiny awaits her, if she has the courage to use all of her resources to unleash an ancient secret power...
- Author BiographyThe author lives in a small rural town in Nevada with her husband, 8 Pembroke Welsh Corgis, one Border Collie, a cat and two gold fish. Ms. McDaniel and has been writing for a number of years and has participated in a number of writing classes. Her first big break came in second grade when her teacher, Mrs. Wills of Mistletoe Elementry School allowed her to skip her other lessons because she loved to write stories. Unfortunately, this special priviledge was short-lived when her parents discovered her low grades in her other courses. Her love for writing has continued throughout her life and will continue in the Nina Beana series.
- Author(s)M K McDaniel
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.