All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $199.21
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $167.89
- AU $26.71Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.29
- AU $46.87Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.62
- AU $35.75Trending at AU $44.44
About this product
- DescriptionA fast-paced contemporary thriller in the vein of James Patterson and Anthony Horowitz set against the bustling backdrop of Hong Kong, Vietnam, and the border of China. This heart-pounding adventure takes place as two teens, an American teenage boy and his friend, a Chinese girl from his Washington, DC-area high school, must find her father who has been kidnapped and they only have nine days. Although the characters in the vel are fictionalized, they are based on a real Chinese family who were part of the Chinese Democracy Movement and inspired this story. Few mysteries combine cultural diversity, politics and physical danger with a lighthearted friendship. This engaging mix will have great appeal. Kirkus Reviews A captivating thriller grounded in real-world problems. Publishers Weekly A rollicking and fast-paced young adult adventure vel. South China Morning Post Hiatt...offers middle-school-aged readers an appealing mix of action and friendship, with lessons about world events and human rights woven throughout. Washington Post Book World A compelling, teen-centric political thriller . . . inspired by actual events. BooklistOnline.com A NCSS/CBC Notable Children's Trade Book in the Field of Social Studies From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyFRED HIATT is the editorial page editor ofThe Washington Post. He writes editorials for the newspaper as well as a biweekly column.
- Author(s)Fred Hiatt
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication02/05/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.