All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe tantric art of drawing or painting the nine designs kwn as yantras is an ancient practice of active meditation that releases positive healing and centring effects. Each of the nine designs corresponds to one of the nine qualities of body and mind essential to well-being: radiance, urishment, passion, intellect, expansion, bliss, organisation, uniqueness and spirituality. From the basic elements of the square, the circle and the triangle, dynamic visual meditations unfold as the practitioner works clockwise from the outer elements inward toward the central point of stillness, or bindu, the source of happiness within. An accompanying mantra is recited while preparing each yantra to fully engage the senses in the meditative process. Creating the design that speaks most to the practitioner enables its unique healing quality to be transmitted. For example, working on the yantra named Radiance cultivates optimism and the self-confidence to succeed in one's endeavours, while radiating, or imparting, one's inner light to others. This workbook provides an important resource for active meditation, a practice revered for its effectiveness in revealing the spiritual underpinnings of everyday life. The active participation of the body in meditation while creating the nine planetary yantras raises to the level of spiritual ritual the practitioner's intention toward wakefulness and gives access to profound states of healing integration.
- Author BiographySarah Tomlinson studied yantra painting in India with tantric master and artist Harish Johari, who revealed to her the healing power of meditation with yantras. She is the founder and codirector of the Ayurveda-Yoga Institute of New York, and she trains teachers and students throughout the U.S. and U.K. She lives in New Jersey.
- Author(s)Sarah Tomlinson
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication28/01/2008
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintDestiny Books,U.S.
- Content Notecolour and black and white illustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.