All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNine Little Penguin Ninjas, the latest children's book for beginning readers from Sean and Jackson Leary, is a fun and educational romp through the imagination that teaches kids beginning reading and math.
- Author BiographySean Leary began his professional arts career at age 11, writing articles and drawing cartoons for the national newspaper The Comics Buyers Guide. Throughout his teens and into his adult career he continued to write and illustrate for various newspapers, magazines and comic books, collaborating with such luminaries as Image Comics founder Erik Larsen. Leary, who recently graduated with honors from the Masters program at University of Southern California, has been immersed in the publishing and entertainment world as a writer, musician, artist, director and filmmaker. He's founded several indie presses and published two national underground humor magazines and founded the theater and film production company My Verona. Leary has had over a dozen solo books published, including Sean Leary's Greatest Hits Volumes One and Two, Exorcising Ghosts, Your Favorite Band, Every Number Is Lucky To Someone, My Life as a Freak Magnet and Does The Shed Skin Know It Was Once A Snake?, Beautiful Remnants of Chaotic Failures, Danger Maps, and the action-adventure-fantasy novel The Arimathean. In 2007, he wrote, directed, produced, acted in and wrote the music for the indie film Your Favorite Band, and in 2009, Sean began the adventure of being a stay-at-home father and freelance writer, co-authoring and illustrating two beginning readers' books with his son, Jackson, 5, Go Racecars Go and Here Comes The Goot. They're currently working on a new children's book, Nine Little Ninjas. Leary's other current projects include the second novel in the Arimathean trilogy, The Blood of Destiny, and a romantic novel, Speed of Sound. His website is www.seanleary.com and he's on all social media as seanleary007. JACKSON LEARY Jackson Leary became a published author at the age of two, when HERE COMES THE GOOT!, the book he co-authored and illustrated with his father, was released in 2010. The book, based upon a bedtime story, featured contributions and drawings from Jackson and became a regional best-seller. Since then, he has collaborated with his father on three other books, GO, RACECARS, GO! (out in 2012), NINE LITTLE PENGUIN NINJAS! (out in 2014) and BABY BIRD (due in 2014). He is currently working on his first solo book, ALL ALONE, about a rock penguin searching for his Daddy. When he isn't working on books and other creative projects, Jackson enjoys playing soccer and baseball, Star Wars, playing drums and guitar and playing with Legos.
- Author(s)Sean Leary
- PublisherDreaming World Books
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDreaming World Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight54 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.