All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow does a boy labeled slow go on to graduate with hors and distinction-t only from college, but then earn a PhD and his medical degree? How does a doctor with severe colorblindness become a rewned surgeon? How does a surgeon dedicated to saving patients on the verge of death respond when told his own death is imminent? Paul Nemiroff was a boy who dreamed of becoming a doctor. Labeled slow and told he would never finish high school, he overcame numerous obstacles and went on to college, a masters, a PhD and medical school. He became a top head and neck surgeon at leading medical centers, a pioneer of hyperbaric oxygen wound treatment, a worldwide published researcher and lecturer, an award winning TV medical correspondent, and a runner of 13 marathons. At the peak of his career, his life trajectory was abruptly altered when he received a call-he had become the patient and was told he only had two years to live-facing a crossroads of formidable choices. Undaunted, Dr. Paul discovered and experimented with a revolutionary treatment protocol that he believes has kept him alive and in reasonably good health for 15 years-allowing him to share this kwledge which he hopes will inspire others and be a catalyst in the quest for a cure.
- Author BiographyPaul Nemiroff, PhD, MD, FACS is a nationally recognized surgeon who received his MD from UCLA and holds a PhD from Purdue University. He has published and presented hundreds of articles and research papers on surgical techniques, hyperbaric oxygen, and complementary medical therapies. He has performed over 10,000 surgeries, and scored highest in the country on the Head and Neck Surgery Exams (99%). He's an award-winning TV medical correspondent and recipient of over a dozen national awards including one from the American Cancer Society. Dr. Nemiroff was invited to the White House and considered a candidate for Surgeon General of the United States. Brian Solon is a writer and editor whose works include In Pursuit, Think Big Act Small, Ignited, Love At First Cut, Illegal Beings, and The Road To Reality. He grew up in Northern California, studied music at UC Berkeley, and produced the global launch of Star Trek with director JJ Abrams and Paramount Pictures. He has a JD from Santa Clara University, an MBA from Haas Business School, and lives in New York.
- Author(s)Dr Paul Nemiroff
- PublisherKing Michaels LLC
- Date of Publication13/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKing Michaels LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.