All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollows high-style couture trends over a 100-year period from 1800 to 1900, as illustrated in 374 color photographs of original, hand-colored fashion plates from the author's private collection. The 11 chapters (organized by decade) include a brief survey of the subtle changes in clothing design through each decade and a social history of the times. Follow the whims of fashion on this promenade through the 1800s, when high-society women sported beribboned toques and turbans and crilines, capes, and extravagant sleeves. Based mostly on original French artwork, the fashion plates, which appeared in magazines of the day, also documentfashion illustration as an evolving art form, making this book an invaluableresource for historians, scholars, theater costume designers, artists,and fashion enthusiasts.
- Author BiographyFelicity J. Warnes, who lives in North London, England, has spent the past forty years collecting fashion plates and books on costume and couture, which she sells at her bookshop in North London and on her website, www.fjwarnes.co.uk.
- Author(s)Felicity J Warnes
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication12/01/2016
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1950 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.