Nipper Read: The Man Who Nicked the Krays by Leonard Read, James Morton (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.34+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by agnesrarebooks
- Est. delivery by 13 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJust after 7pm on the evening of Tuesday 4 March 1969, at the Old Bailey, the jurors filed back into Court 1 to give their verdict on Ronald Kray. The word 'guilty' brought to a triumphant conclusion the months of painstaking work put in by Read and his team in their efforts to bring the infamous Kray brothers to justice. Leonard Read tells his own story, that of the small Nottingham lad, nicknamed Nipper, who went to join the Metropolitan Police because of their less stringent height requirements - and who rose through the ranks to become part of the team solving the Great Train Robbery. In 1964 Read was invited to put together a team to 'have a go' at the Kray gang - the seemingly untouchable East End criminals whose reign of terror involved blackmail, protection rackets and finally murder. In an enthralling recreation of the operation, Read and Morton cover the case from the first time Nipper saw Ronald Kray in a pub in the Whitechapel Road - where he turned up flanked by minders - to the brothers' eventual arrest in May 1968 and the nailbiting suspense of their sensational trial.
- Author BiographyLeonard Read joined the Metropolitan Police in 1947 and then as a CID member was invited in 1964 to investigate the Kray gang. James Morton, former Editor-in-Chief of the New Law Journal and the author of the Gangland series, has long experience as a solicitor specialising in criminal work.
- Author(s)James Morton,Leonard Read
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication07/11/2002
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTime Warner Paperbacks
- Content NoteSection: 8, b&w
- Weight260 g
- Width111 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $12.11Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.85Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $20.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.