All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarried at twelve, then separated, divorced and widowed, Nisa is the mother of four children, ne of whom survived. She is strong, capable of foraging on her own in one of the world's most hostile environments, t dependent on any man for her daily sustenance and ready to talk to anyone as her equal. Wise, full of humour at the absurdities of life and courageous in the face of its defeats, she is bawdy, practical and incurably romantic. She is a woman of the !Khung people who live by means of humanity's oldest survival strategy - gathering and hunting. This book is the remarkable story of Nisa's life, told in her own words to Marjorie Shostak. It is a story full of echoes from a female past that we can never kw directly. But it is also Nisa's unique story, her own voice, her own dignity. In anyone's culture, she is a remarkable woman.
- Author BiographyMarjorie Shostak is an anthropoligist who lived for two years with the !Khung in the Kalahari desert.
- Author(s)Marjorie Shostak
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/1990
- SubjectBiography: General
- Series TitleExploited Earth
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, glossary, index
- Weight508 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.