All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt has been more than five years since the appearance of the first edition of Nitric Oxide Protocols. According to Medline, more than 32,500 publications dealing with nitric oxide have appeared in the primary literature in the int- vening time from 1999 to April 2004. These numbers attest to the continuing vitality of a field dealing with a deceptively simple, although extremely int- esting and promiscuous molecule, nitric oxide. Despite its apparent chemical simplicity, nitric oxide continues to amaze, with an extremely wide spectrum of functions and effects. In particular, the last few years have witnessed an explosion of nclassical effects, involving the direct interaction of nitric - ide and related oxidized products with proteins to yield such vel combi- tions as nitrosylated and nitrated proteins. Ather emergent area has been that of NO's clinical applications, including interesting developments related to the virus-mediated expression of nitric oxide synthase and the use of nitric oxide in gene therapy. In Nitric Oxide Protocols, I have gathered chapters dealing with the some of the latest methodologies for the measurement of nitric oxide. Many of these deal with quantitation in biological fluids or tissues, and they cover a wide spectrum of techlogies, including capillary electrophoresis, microcoaxial electrodes, the in vivo measurement of nitric oxide in exhaled air, confocal microscopy, gas chromatography-mass spectroscopy, in situ hybridization, and real-time polymerase chain reaction.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number279
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight387 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAviv Hassid
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2004
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.