All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNja Mahdaoui is a visual artist who considers himself an explorer of signs and has been described as a choreographer of letters. His work inspired by Arabic calligraphy is remarkably invative as the aesthetic dimension of letters brings forth a strong sense of the poetic. These works arrest us with their astounding ryhthm and rich abstract composition, actually devoid of any textual meaning. Famous for his meticulous use of ink on parchment, Mahdaoui stresses the visual impact of his works, which he refers to as calligrams or graphemes. Born in 1937 in Tunis, Nja Mahdaoui lives and works in Tunisia. In 1967, he graduated from the Ecole du Louvre (Department of Oriental Antiquities). He pursued his academic training in Paris, at the Cite internationale des arts, on a scholarship from the Tunisian Government. His works have been widely shown around the world in GCC, Asia, America, Africa and Europe.
- Author BiographyRose Issa is a curator, writer and producer who has championed visual art and film from the Arab world and Iran for nearly thirty years.
- Author(s)Molka Mahdaoui
- Date of Publication04/05/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight2640 g
- Width246 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine41 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.