All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- Description* The whole story of one of the deadliest battles of WWII told for the first time * Important contribution to the historical record Twining provides one of the best accounts of the costly campaign that enabled Allied forces to wrest Guadalcanal from the Japanese in World War II's Pacific Theatre. Though outgunned and outmanned on the ground, the embattled Marines maintained the initiative, annihilating their foes in fierce clashes relived in this vivid narrative. Twining is a master storyteller who squares the record about the 1st Marines Division's momentous participation in one of the bloodiest and difficult campaigns of the Second World War.
- Author BiographyGEN. MERRIL B. TWINING, USMC (Ret.), was a 1923 graduate of the United States Navel Academy. After planning and executing the Lunga defense as operations officer of the 1st Marine Division on Guadalcanal, he served with distinction in a wide variety of command and staff assignments before retiring as a four-star general.
- Author(s)USMC (Ret.)
- PublisherPresidio Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPresidio Press
- Weight154 g
- Width106 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Volume editorGen. Merrill B. Twining
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.