No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender: How I Made $25k on a 2-Month House Concert Tour (and How You Can Too) by Shannon Curtis (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExpanded second edition! All the inspiration and tools from the best-selling original version, plus 33% more career-changing content. How many times have you thought that there's got to be a better way to reach more people and make more money with your music? With a unique approach to touring and turning a profit, singer-songwriter Shann Curtis has released an in-depth eBook that details how up-and-coming artists can follow her direct-to-fan recipe for making way more fans and way more money. No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender: How I Made $25K On A 2-Month House Concert Tour (And How You Can Too) breaks down in plain language and precise detail a plan for artists that doesn't follow the traditional club & coffeehouse methodology. Topics covered include: Finding the right hosts: how to build an itinerary using your existing email list and social media relationships Creating the ideal performance space: how to focus your audience and maximize your show's intimacy and connectivity Helping your hosts put together their invite lists: how to set yourself up for a successful event by guaranteeing critical mass Setup and flow: how best to pace the evening to maximize guests' experience (and your income!) Gathering donations: how to partner with your host for a financially successful event Merchandise strategies: how to create awareness, maximize your effectiveness, and make more money Making sure you have the right gear: specific equipment recommendations and how-tos But more than just giving procedural suggestions, Curtis goes deeper, thoroughly explaining the psychology and interpersonal dynamics behind her tremendously successful house concert touring method. You won't just come away with a kwledge of what works, you'll understand why it works. Curtis says: My decision several years ago to abandon traditional club touring in favor of house concerts has made my career as an artist better on every measurable level. I sell more albums and merch, generate more income, receive more signups to my email list, and most importantly, I make stronger, deeper connections with the people listening to my music. With this book, I'm confident that you can open the door to a whole new world of deeply enriching performance experiences, whether you're a veteran artist or a complete rookie to touring. RAVES: Shann Curtis captures in this book the essence of what it means to be an independent musician: 100% control of your career and 100% of the benefits. Curtis's alternative model for touring cuts out the middleman, and puts the power (and money) back in the hands of the artists. She's a true entrepreneur, and an inspiration for any artist looking to become successful on their own terms. - Patti Silverman, SF Music Tech As an independent artist who's done nearly 100 house shows, I'm here to tell you that anyone who's considered going that route needs this book. Of all the crap we waste money on as artists, thing I can think of will give you the return on investment this book will. Shann gives you a staggering level of detail. Stop reading this review and read the book, like, w. - JT Spangler, Nashville musician I just wanted to thank you. I have been expanding my booking schedule and using house shows more frequently and leaning heavily on your model, and it is literally changing my life. I am making more money, and finding myself more fulfilled and encouraged than ever before while building a better fan base than ever before. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Thank you. - Bradford Loomis, independent artist, Seattle
- Author BiographyShannon Curtis is an independent songwriter, singer, performer, and recording artist. Her second full-length record of downtempo dreampop, Metaforma, was released in June 2014, one day less than a year after her 2013 debut album Cinemascope. Curtis has also previously released three EPs, two acoustic LPs, two 10-track maxi-singles and two live albums, all on her own Saint Cloud Records label. Curtis's pioneering use of the house concert touring format has brought her to about half the states in the US so far, and also to Canada. Curtis lives in Los Angeles with her husband, producer/engineer Jamie Hill.
- Author(s)Shannon Curtis
- Date of Publication24/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.