All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLabels and dichotomies are poison - one kws that better than Bacchus Paine. She's watched the words, the concepts, straight and gay and male and female, cause trouble time and time again. Everywhere she turns, it seems she faces the consequences of some ill-fitting label - both for herself and the men and women around her. Challenging those entrenched labels is proving more than she can muster. Amidst the festivals of San Francisco, characters of their own, she tells how following a trail of disastrous attempts at fitting square pegs into round labels actually brings a wholly unexpected epiphany. No Church in the Wild is the inspiration for the series of paintings Gay Men Idolize/Are Golden Girls - portraying the faces and circumstances of Golden Girls on the bodies of young gay men who've grown up idolizing them and proposing an alliance between bisexual and transgender persons.
- Author BiographyBacchus Paine is a bisexual female, a supplicant of San Francisco, a former professional, and an advocate of flexible sexuality.
- Author(s)Bacchus Paine
- Date of Publication17/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $22.39
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.82
- AU $20.95Trending at AU $23.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.