No End in Sight: The Continuting Menace of Nuclear Proliferation by Nathan E. Busch (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.09Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $68.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe global threat of nuclear weapons is one of today's key policy issues. Using a wide variety of sources, including recently declassified information, Nathan E. Busch offers detailed examinations of the nuclear programs in the United States, Russia, China, Iraq, India, and Pakistan, as well as the emerging programs in Iran and North Korea. He also assesses the current debates in international relations over the risks associated with the proliferation of nuclear weapons in the post--Cold War world.Busch explores how our understanding of nuclear proliferation centers on theoretical disagreements about how best to explain and predict the behavior of states. His study bridges the gap between theory and empirical evidence by determining whether countries with nuclear weapons have adequate controls over their nuclear arsenals and fissile material stockpiles (such as highly enriched uranium and plutonium). Analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of various systems of nuclear weapons regulation, Busch projects what types of controls proliferating states are likely to employ and assesses the threat posed by the possible theft of fissile materials by aspiring nuclear states or by terrorists.No End in Sight provides the most comprehensive and up-to-date analysis of issues at the forefront of contemporary international affairs. With the resurgence of the threat of nuclear terrorism, Busch's insights and conclusions will prove critical to understanding the implications of nuclear proliferation.
- Author BiographyNathan E. Busch is visiting assistant professor in the School of Public and International Affairs and senior research associate at the Center for International Trade and Security at the University of Georgia.
- Author(s)Nathan E. Busch
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication31/07/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Note4 photographs
- Weight812 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $18.72New
- AU $10.89Used
- AU $24.74New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.54New
- AU $6.44Used
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $23.89New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.75
- AU $16.74Trending at AU $18.72
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $77.71
- AU $78.87Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $21.56Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $39.94Trending at AU $43.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.