All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCork is a muskrat who likes small, safe adventures. Fuzz is a possum who likes big, exciting adventures. When Fuzz convinces Cork to go with him on a swy exploration in the eighth book of this popular series, both friends discover how brave they really are. Plus they learn something important about when it is and isn't okay to fool someone you care about.
- Author BiographyDori Chaconas was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1938. The second child in a family of seven, Dori fell into the role of storyteller, nursery rhyme singer, and general entertainer for her siblings. She claims she learned about story pacing early. If the story action lagged, her fidgety audience would either scatter or start a poking war.She has been married to Nick, her high school sweetheart, for 44 years. Everyone says the romance will last. They raised four daughters, and are now enjoying three grandsons especially Grandpa, having been outnumbered by women all those years.When their daughters were young, Dori wrote for them. She published three picture books and more than fifty stories in children's magazines. In the 70's, her interest turned to yarn embroidery design and she sold designs to major needlework companies and national magazines.In 1997, Dori started writing stories again, partly to keep her grandsons from fidgeting or starting poking wars. Her stories reflect the warmth of family life. Dori gives credit to her parents for giving her a strong sense of family, and to her children and grandchildren for keeping it alive.
- Author(s)Dori J Chaconas
- PublisherPenguin Young Readers Group
- Date of Publication11/10/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleCork & Fuzz
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Young Readers Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width163 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Lisa McCue
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.