Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoes your relationship with God feel stale and predictable? Do you struggle to find the time and energy for prayer? Then perhaps you're being too polite with God. If your prayers lack passion and honesty, then God may be as bored as you are. Guarded and religiously correct prayers might sound nice, but to God they sound half-hearted. He wants you to pray with freedom, boldness, and raw honesty. The prayers we find in the Psalms run the gamut from awed worship to stunned silence to doubt, desperation, and rage. David and others like him had time for safe, sanitized prayers. They wrestled with God when they prayed-with holds barred. Starting today, you can enjoy an energizing intimacy with God. No Holds Barred will help you plunge deeper into different types of prayer-asking, thanking, praising, and confessing. It also will lead you into new forms of praying-prayers of desperation and doubt, prayers that question God's apparent slowness, prayers that demand answers. These are the prayers that hold your attention-and that capture God's attention. Don't wait any longer to begin a rich new conversation with God.
- Author BiographyMark D. Roberts, Ph.D., (New Testament and Christian Origins, Harvard) is a pastor, author, speaker and blogger. Since 1991 he has been the Senior Pastor of Irvine Presbyterian Church in Irvine, California. He teaches classes in New Testament for Fuller Theological Seminary and San Francisco Theological Seminary.Mark has written several books, including Dare to Be True (WaterBrook), Jesus Revealed (WaterBrook), After I Believe (Baker), and Ezra, Nehemiah, EstherCommunicator's Bible Commentary (Word). His most recent books are No Holds Barred: Wrestling with God in Prayer (WaterBrook) and Can We Trust the Gospels?: Investigating the Reliability of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Mark serves on the editorial board of Worship Leader magazine, where he publishes articles and reviews, including his regular column Lyrical Poetry. He often speaks for churches and other Christian groups, and has been interviewed on over fifty radio programs nationwide.
- Author(s)Mark Roberts
- PublisherWaterbrook Press (A Division of Random House Inc)
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationColorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWaterbrook Press (A Division of Random House Inc)
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.