All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA memoir may be a narrative composed from personal experience, but it can never express the memories of an entire life. I have pulled from those experiences some that may give a subjective outline of my life, from growing up in the thirties in the South Bronx, the push carts, horse-drawn vegetable wagons, streets crowded with new refugees fleeing persecution, schools where you could t learn, and then on to Bay Ridge in Brooklyn, where The New York harbor became an important part of my life, as had the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty. Always the West drew me to it and finally, leaving with my husband to The Land of Enchantment, New Mexico, ather exciting chapter would begin, including children, college, a mountain retreat and very interesting friends living all over New Mexico. My wish is that the reader will find it enjoyable as well as informative.
- Author BiographySylvia Cooke grew up in the thirties in the South Bronx, an era with push carts, horse-drawn vegetable wagons, streets crowded with new refugees fleeing persecution, and schools where you could not learn. Later influenced by Bay Ridge in Brooklyn where the New York harbor became an important part of her life as she welcomed home the WWII soldiers. Zane Grey and influences motivated her to head west with her husband and settle in The Land of Enchantment, where she spent many years with the Albuquerque public schools and graduated summa cum laude from the University of New Mexico. Sylvia now lives in Fort Collins, Colorado with her son and daughter-in-law where she religiously attends the live broadcasts of the Metropolitan Opera and socializes at the local senior center. Sylvia is currently working on 3 more publications to be revealed shortly.
- Author(s)MS Sylvia Rosen Cooke
- Date of Publication04/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.