No Man Left Behind: One Marine's Journey Into the Unknown by Ricki Drummond Morris, Stephen Drummond, Jeffrey Drummond (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the afteron of March 23rd, 1953, Marine Pvt. Stephen Drummond's year-long combat tour was in its final days, and his scheduled homecoming was virtually assured. But as he sat in a tunnel later that night, it seemed preposterous to him - utterly ridiculous, actually - that only a few hours ago he was anticipating his return from war; that at sundown he had fully expected to go home, but as the moon rose, he knew he wouldn't. His worst nightmare had become reality. He was w a prisoner of war in communist North Korea. Drummond's experiences were t those typical of other prisoners held in POW camps. Due to the severity of the wounds he received in the battle for Outpost Vegas, he was separated from the other POWs and transported through a series of medical aid stations, hospitals, and stop-off points in between. Most of his time was spent in the Chinese medical system, often being treated alongside their own wounded. Drummond recalls, At the time I couldn't kw that my future as a POW held mostly loneliness and isolation. In the days and weeks ahead, I would yearn for an English-speaking voice, a fellow prisoner to share my dilemma, but as I huddled in the tunnel that night, my incredibly painful leg seeping blood onto North Korean soil, I had idea what the future would hold. As a captive in North Korea, it was Drummond's memories of home and faith that sustained his hope. Without the nurture these memories provided, he may t have survived. This is a story of faith, hope, and love that accompanied one Marine on his journey into the unkwn. Half a century later, Drummond's discovery of others connected to the battle at Outpost Vegas became the impetus for writing this memoir. Some he had kwn, others he had t. In the second half of this book, the battle is described from the vantage points of four other participants. In the process of uncovering these stories, dramatic personal discoveries were made.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Drummond,Ricki Drummond Morris,Stephen Drummond
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.