All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne night Wilma Lee Wu sits down for dinner--in front of some food that might've been meat--when she declares she can't take it: Please, more beige food! She's tired of the bland and mushy meals her parents make. So Wilma and her little brother venture in search of some neighbors willing to teach them how to cook new food. From Khun Joe's pad thai to Ms. Azar's Lebanese kibbe, they learn to make all sorts of tasty dishes. But how will Wilma respond when Monsieur Poutine offers to teach her how to make frog legs? The sequel to The Change Your Name Store, No More Beige Food will delight both old fans of Wilma Lee Wu and new readers. Both adults and children will love this clever, rhyming tale--it might even get some picky eaters curious about going on their own culinary adventures! Tina Kugler's charming and lively illustrations give great personalities to an array of characters from around the world; this is the perfect book for parents looking to talk about diversity with young children. Sky Pony Press, with our Good Books, Racehorse and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of books for young readers--picture books for small children, chapter books, books for middle grade readers, and vels for young adults. Our list includes bestsellers for children who love to play Minecraft; stories told with LEGO bricks; books that teach lessons about tolerance, patience, and the environment, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyLeanne Shirtliffe is an award-winning humor writer. She writes for the Huffington Post and Nickelodeon's humor sight NickMom.com and authored the books Don't Lick the Minivan (Skyhorse, 2013) and The Change Your Name Store (Sky Pony, 2014). When she's not stopping her twins from stalking the guy driving the ice cream truck, Leanne teaches English to teenagers. You can read more about her misadventures at IronicMom.com. She lives in Calgary, Canada. Tina Kugler is an illustrator and author. She has owned a children's bookshop, worked in a library, and drawn many funny storyboards for Disney, Nickelodeon, and Warner Bros. Animation. Tina lives with her husband, three loud boys, and an enormous hairy dog named Harryhausen in Los Angeles, California.
- Author(s)Leanne Shirtliffe
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication21/01/2016
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout
- Weight528 g
- Width280 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tina Kugler
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.