All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by a true story, this gloriously funny play investigates the nature of comedy, the operation of censorship, and the complex misunderstandings implicit in the Anglo-American relationship. In December 1975, Monty Python's Flying Circus was broadcast coast to coast in the US. It was the Pythons' first time on a major network...but somebody cut out all the naughty bits! Undismayed, Michael Palin and Terry Gilliam flew to New York to persuade the network to reinstate the cuts - and, somewhat by accident, found themselves at the centre of a landmark court case concerning freedom of expression and the protection of artistic integrity...
- Author BiographySTEVE THOMPSON is a former journalist, who lives with his barrister wife and three children in Welwyn Garden City. His first two plays, Damages (2004) and Whipping It Up (2006), were both premiered by the Bush Theatre, London. Whipping It Up, starring Richard Wilson and Robert Bathurst, transferred to the Garrick Theatre in the West End and toured the UK. His last play Roaring Trade premiered to great acclaim at the Soho Theatre in 2009.
- Author(s)Steve Thompson
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Weight113 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.