Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis sweeping vel depicts the intertwined lives of an assortment of Egyptians - Muslims and Copts, rtherners and southerners, men and women - as they begin to settle in Egypt's great second city, and explores how the Second World War, starting in supposedly faraway Europe, comes crashing down on them, affecting their lives in fateful ways. Central to the vel is the story of a striking friendship between Sheikh Magd al-Din, a devout Muslim with peasant roots in rthern Egypt, and Dimyan, a Copt with roots in southern Egypt, in their journey of survival and self-discovery. Woven around this narrative are the stories of other characters, in the city, in the villages, or in the faraway desert, closer to the fields of combat.
- Author BiographyIbrahim Abdel Meguid was awarded the Naguib Mahfouz Medal for Literature for his novel The Other Place (AUC Press, 1997).
- Author(s)Ibrahim Abdel Meguid
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Weight451 g
- Width124 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Translated byFarouk Abdel Wahab
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.