Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $204.03+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionNo Ordinary Days surveys Maggie Taylor's work from 1998 until 2012. Taylor, trained as a photographer, largely abandoned the camera for ather light-sensitive device, the flatbed scanner. She begins her process with a found object--often a nineteenth-century photograph--and using image manipulation software like Adobe Photoshop(R) she transforms the original image, layering and manipulating her palette of collected visual information in a meticulous process than pushes the limits of her medium. The result is a surrealistic, often painterly, montage distinguished by vibrant color and a rich symbolism. Taylor's striking combinations of history and imagination invite the viewer to engage in a process of both discovery and recollection. The genre is often described as altered or fabricated photography. Although Taylor's work is autobiographical--informed by childhood memories, anxieties, and television consumption--it defies easy interpretation. Maggie Taylor is a digital artist who has exhibited her work throughout the United States and abroad. Her images are featured in Maggie Taylor's Landscape of Dreams, Solutions Beginning with A, and Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. Visit her website at www.maggietaylor.com
- PublisherJerry N. Uelsmann Inc.
- Date of Publication28/01/2013
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJerry N. Uelsmann Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1905 g
- Width340 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Maggie Taylor
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Most relevant reviews
- airyfairyamy01 Feb, 2017by
Perfect book. Beautiful quality prints. Gold edging. Beautiful dust over over a quality hard covered book. Illustrations/art prints are exquisite. Magical from start to finish. A beautiful collection of Taylor's work.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New