Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Pen Farthing brought two dogs home from his tour of Afghanistan, little did he kw what he had begun. Twelve months later, he has left the Marines, after 20 years service, to run his charity full time. But he barely has a chance to miss life in action, as he is inundated with requests from marines and soldiers to give more rescued dogs the chance of a new life in the West. Whether it's little Helmand, Fubar or Beardog - or the unruly litter kwn as the Char Badmashis or Four Hooligans - Pen does his upmost to give these dogs the chance they deserve. It is a frustrating and sometimes dangerous process, and while some dogs make it out to safety, others, tragically, do t. But a look out the window to see his own Afghan hounds, Now Zad and Tali, with bright eyes and glossy coats tells him it's all worthwhile. Like his Sunday Times bestseller One Dog at a Time , No Place Like Home is the story of one man's courage and persistence in the face of often insurmountable odds. It will warm - and break - the hearts of dog lovers everywhere.
- Author BiographyA passion for the outdoors and a love of doing everything the hard way caused Pen Farthing to pop into a Royal Marine careers office one day aged 18 to take on the toughest infantry training in the world to earn the coveted Green Beret of the Commandos. His military career, which has included tours of Iraq and Afghanistan, lasted over twenty years. Since publication of the Sunday Times bestseller One Dog at a Time, Pen has left the Marines to run his charity Nowzad Dogs and - when time allows - an outdoor adventure company. Pen is married to Lisa and they share their home with five dogs.Pen Farthing has won The Dogs Trust Dog's Best Friend Award and the IFAW Pets and People Award. His dogs Nowzad and Tali were nominated for the Crufts Friends for Life Award. More details about Nowzad Dogs can be found at www.nowzaddogs.com.
- Author(s)Pen Farthing
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication08/07/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Out-of-print date22/10/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width144 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.