All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn No Place Like Home , Linda Hasselstrom ponders the changing nature of community in the modern West, where old family ranches are being turned into subdivisions and historic towns are evolving into mean, congested cities. Hasselstrom's ruminations are both intensely personal and universal. The book defines her idea of how a true community should work, and the kind of place she wants to live in. For anyone curious about the state of the contemporary West, Hasselstrom offers a report from the front, where nature and human aspirations are often at odds, and where the concepts of community and mutual responsibility are being redefined.
- Author BiographyLinda Hasselstrom writes, ranches, and conducts writing retreats for women on the South Dakota ranch homesteaded by her grandfather, a Swedish cobbler, in 1899. She is the author of several books.
- Author(s)Linda M. Hasselstrom
- PublisherUniversity of Nevada Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2009
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationReno
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nevada Press
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.