All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe principal is the single biggest determinant of whether or t teachers want to stay in their schools, which suggests that better leadership may be a highly cost-effective way to improve teaching and learning throughout schools. - The Wallace Foundation This book documents successful instructional leadership practices that principals must implement if they want to: 1. Improve school organizational structure and effectiveness 2. Increase teaching capacity of staff 3. Increase student learning 4. Increase parental involvement 5. Reduce school discipline issues 6. Increase school attendance This book is written by a veteran principal for principals. It provides tools and techniques to instantly enable principals to make a greater impact on student outcomes. Filled with powerful and memorable real-life school principal experiences, No Principal Left Behind: Leadership Coaching for the 21st Century and Beyond illustrates that when the change process is combined with coaching and an effective instructional protocol, transformation occurs both in the principal, the school, the students and the community. A must-have for school leaders, No Principal Left Behind: Leadership Coaching for the 21st Century and Beyond provides how-to resources for the everyday challenges school principals encounter in their efforts to impact teaching and learning.
- Author BiographyFannie Lovelady-Spain, Ph.D. Co-Founder, Chief Consultant and Expert School Change Coach. A school turnaround expert and 40-year veteran in education, Dr. Lovelady-Spain is a former principal with experience leading all K-12 levels. As an Expert School Change Coach, she coaches schools to become more effective learning institutions and she coaches principals into leadership actions directly linked to Assessment, Curriculum and Instruction. She utilizes the School Principal Change Model - a school transformation process she developed - that includes the entire school community: principals, parents, students, leadership teams, faculty, and district management. She recently proved the success of the School Principal Change Model by leading two previously underachieving Navajo Nation schools to accomplish Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP). Dr. Lovelady-Spain is a former Administrator and Education Manager; she has been a principal over two decades inside Bureau of Indian Education, Grant, Public, Charter, Community, Court and Private Schools in California, Texas, Arizona and New Mexico. In 1979, while serving as a Policy Fellow with the Institute for Educational Leadership, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C., Dr. Lovelady-Spain developed the framework for the California School Leadership Academy, a two-part initiative that addressed both research and training. As Manager of the School Leadership Unit for the California Department of Education, she finalized the California School Leadership Academy program that researched and trained school leaders all over the state of California. Today, there are Regional Training Centers throughout the State of California with ongoing Research and Training Development. As a Policy Fellow with the National Institute of Education (NIE), Dr. Lovelady-Spain traveled extensively to collect field research on the state of training for principals. She visited the Harvard Principals' Center and many local, state, county, university and school districts. Her research findings led to Request for Proposals (RFP) from well-known researchers and firms throughout the country and resulted in three published articles.
- Author(s)Fannie Lovelady-Spain Ph D
- PublisherLovelady School Leadership Press
- Date of Publication03/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLovelady School Leadership Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.