All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach kid only has one pair of shoes here. Number 49's shoes are a pretty good fit for me and I kw they're new because they still have that plastic smell. But the real Number 49 is quite a bit bigger than I am, because his pants keep falling down on me. I wish he would come back, so that I could go home. Jack loves telling jokes, but t many people laugh at them in the orphanage. Will he ever be reunited with his mother and sister, his great-aunts and great-grandmother, back at home? A haunting, fable-like story.
- Author BiographyZana Fraillon was born in Melbourne, but spent her early childhood in San Francisco. 'I grew up in a house that had a whole room full of books and comfy chairs and this was my favourite place to be. As a teenager, a lot of my time was given to practising magic tricks and my first attempt at writing a book centred around a girl who solves crimes using her understanding of magic.' At the age of twenty, Zana lived for a year in China teaching English in a remote rural area. She returned to Melbourne and now lives with her husband, three children, two dogs and a recalcitrant cat...Zana has written two picture books for young children and a series for middle readers that has been published in five languages. Her dreams of one day ending world illiteracy and innumeracy are far from being realised, but 'if you are going to dream, you might as well dream big.'
- Author(s)Zana Fraillon
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAllen & Unwin Children's Books
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.