All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThirteen-year-old Terry Gomez is furious, dejected and acting out in ways that mystify her grandparents, with whom she has lived for the past year after her mother moved to California without her. Hating everything and everyone, including herself, Terry is in deep trouble and sinking fast. When her destructive behavior leads to an arrest, Terry finds herself in front of a juvenile court judge who imposes an unusual sentence which changes her life: He entrusts Terry's probation and rehabilitation to Palm Beach heiress Libby Shaver, a former professional tennis star grappling with major problems of her own. The unlikely pairing of Terry and Libby will result in Terry's meteoric rise through the junior tennis world and will have consequences that reach far beyond the making of the champion, as adolescent rage and depression are transformed into a triumph of the body, mind and spirit through the power of mentoring and, ultimately, love.
- Author BiographyRalph Greco has taught middle school English for 45 years at the Palm Beach Day Academy. As an educator, coach and mentor he has influenced generations of young people in his community and continues to this day. A lifelong athlete, Ralph played football and basketball before switching to running and tennis. His many hours on the court preparing his daughter, Lisa, for tournament play provided the inspiration for this book. He lives in Palm Beach, Florida with his wife Dolly. Lisa Greco played competitive tennis on the USTA Junior Circuit in Florida and at the college level before becoming a recreational player who still enjoys a weekly match with her father, Ralph.A former magazine editor and counselor, she is currently working on several writing projects and volunteers as a Guardian ad Litem, advocating for abused and neglected children in the dependency system. She lives in West Palm Beach, Florida with her husband, Richard, and their dogkids, Lady and Django.
- Author(s)Lisa Greco,Ralph Greco
- PublisherPrincipio Books LLC
- Date of Publication07/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrincipio Books LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.