All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionNO TIME TO TRUST is the story of Joe, so-named by a 7 year old orphan. It is set in the year 1878 in Montana. It is a story replete with victims, vengeance, duty to family and hor. Joe is introduced to the reader having name, past, kwledge of who or where he is. Unconscious-the victim of a shooting-with a head wound that deprives him of his long term memory and very nearly his life, Joe struggles to put the pieces of his life's puzzle together. Initially through dream sequences and later, through fragments of memories, unusual events and encounters, he learns that he is a gunman, a son, and a brother. A witness to his father's murder, Joe grows up to become a killer with a penchant for vengeance. His father's death forced him into the role of protector and provider for his mother, younger brother and sister, and ultimately judge and jury. Two men are pivotal to Joe's development as a gunfighter. Foster Smith is a Western man-the real deal. His co-hort, Brigham Larson, is the storekeeper from whom Joe learns the skills of gunmanship in his early teens. It is their wisdom and Old West rules that reside in his head and guide his decision making. Seeking answers to the attack on his life, Joe stops at what appears to be an abandoned farm. The sole resident is a seven year old child, Millie. Her father's dead body lies in the yard. It is around Millie's fate that the story swirls. It is in her defense that Joe is thrust into a hunt and a showdown with the murderer.
- Author BiographyG. R. Howe was born and raised in Northern Wyoming. He graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in Political Science. He received his law degree from John Marshall Law School in Chicago and became licensed to practice law in 1976. He pursued a career in law for thirty years in Ventura, California. He returned to Wyoming to ranch and write western novels. He has written a collection of short stories of his hometown, Kane, a small town erased by flooding by the Yellowtail Dam Reclamation project in 1965, entitled SHORT STORIES OUT OF KANE. NO TIME TO TRUST is the first of several western novels he has written.
- Author(s)G R Howe
- PublisherAllied Publishers (India)
- Date of Publication06/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllied Publishers (India)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.