All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDebunking numerous myths that have emerged about the world's resources of oil, this book argues that the use of U.S. military power to secure oil is t only needless and costly--in both lives and money--but also counterproductive to U.S. security. Intended to make government, the media, and citizens think more rationally about oil and the use of military power to secure it, this account suggests that the free market is still the best vehicle to deliver the product most efficiently from producer to consumer and that a withdrawal of U.S. forces from the Persian Gulf would be beneficial in the context of potential terrorist threats. Thorough and invaluable, this focused analysis chronicles the history of the battle over oil.
- Author BiographyIvan Elandis a senior fellow and director of the Center on Peace and Liberty at the Independent Institute, a former director of defense policy studies at the Cato Institute, and a former principal defense analyst with the Congressional Budget Office. He is the author of The Empire Has No Clothes, Partitioning for Peace, and Recarving Rushmore. His work has been featured in numerous publications, including the Chicago Tribune, Northwestern Journal of International Affairs, and the Washington Post, and on television programs such as ABC's World News, CNN's Crossfire, and Fox News. He lives in Washington, DC.
- Author(s)Ivan Eland
- PublisherIndependent Institute,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndependent Institute,U.S.
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.05New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
- AU $22.06Trending at AU $29.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.