Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionUpdated for 2012: Forty years after throwing off the shackles of a patriarchy that required thing less than marriage and babies from its female citizens, women continue to fall prey to the conventional wisdom that you grow up, get married and have children. This is just the tip of the melting ice berg. While our planet struggles to maintain the over 6.5 billion humans already ravaging her splendor, women (and men) still encounter resistance by family and friends solely because they have decided t to breed ather raveus consumer. In No Way Baby! the decision t to have children is examined and defended so that the choice may be better understood. With ongoing narrative intertwined with insights from 40+ childfrees living on the front lines, Karen Foster makes the case that it is time to stop obligatory procreation and recognize that childfree adults make a valuable contribution to society that benefit everyone - even children.
- Author BiographyKaren Foster is a pebble in the shoe of conventional wisdom, shining light on the discrepancies between what we say we should do, what we think we should do and what we do. It all started at the age of 18 when she chucked the traditional college experience and headed to that hotbed of nonconformity, San Francisco. Fortunately, she was too young to know that shouldn't have worked out well, so in her own time, she went ahead and graduated from San Francisco State University with a degree in Clinical Psychology. After years of working in both the non-profit and for profit sectors, Karen realized that there was no profit worth the aggravation of gainful employment. So in the midst of the .com craze, Karen headed north to Portland, where she started her own business as a speaker and a coach. Today Karen travels around the US as a professional development trainer where she encounters all sorts of interesting people who continue to be amazed by her unwillingness to breed (or do lots of other things so-called 'normal' people do.) She still lives in Portland.
- Author(s)REV Karen Foster
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication04/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.