Noah's Ride: A Collaborative Novel by Mary Rogers, James Ward Lee, Mike Cochran, Mike Blackman, Phyllis Allen, Jeff Guinn, Judy Alter, James Reasoner, Elmer Kelton, Mary Dittoe Kelly (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.88+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNaked Came the Stranger set the format, but t always the tone or subject matter, for a whole string of books that appeared in the 1970s. Called collaborative or serial vels, the multi-author works were set in the suburbs, the Blue Ridge Mountains, Florida, the American West, but never in Texas. Now, a dozen Texas authors have gotten together to create a good old-fashioned western vel. Each contributing author will write a chapter that builds on the work that precedes his or her chapter. The plot features Noah, a plantation slave who escapes and makes his way to the Union forces and, finally, Texas, where he establishes a small ranch, runs a few cattle, and, with wife Nelly, begins to raise a family. But Noah, who has taken the name Freeman and named his ranch Free Land, cant leave his past behind. The slave catcher Quint Carpenter is the local sheriff, and he's out for blood - specifically Noah's blood - after Noah's sister kills Quint's younger son. And carpetbagger Bear Coltrain, who once wanted to kidnap Noah and sell him back into slavery, w wants Noah's land. And then, John Malone comes along - Noah once saved the former cavalry officer's life, and he wants to repay his debt. Can he help when someone kidnaps Noah's baby girl? Can he help save the ranch - and, finally, save Noah's life? At press time for this catalog, half the chapters remain yet to be written, so the plot may change some - but that's the magic of a project such as this one. In cooperation with TCU Press, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram anunced a contest in which the winner became one of the contributing authors. Entries were posted on the Star-Telegram web page, where the best three entries were chosen by popular vote. The staff of TCU Press chose the winner from among those entries. She is Mary Dittoe Kelly, and this will be her first published writing. A celebration at Fort Worth's Bass Hall will bring all the authors together onstage to talk about the work, and the joys and problems of working in collaboration. Former Star-Telegram book editor, Jeff Guinn will moderate.
- Author BiographyPhyllis Allen--Fort Worth short story writer and essayist, whose work was recently featured on NPR's All Things Considered Judy Alter--novelist and recipient of the 2005 Owen Wister Award for Lifetime Achievement from Western Writers of America Mike Blackman--retired editorial director of the Star-Telegram and currently jounrlist-in-residence at Sam Houston State University Mike Cochran--award-winning reporter for the Associated Press whose books include Texas vs. Davis Jeff Guinn--former book editor of the Star-Telegram and author of ten books, including the Autobiography of Santa Claus and Our Land Before We Die, winner of the 2003 TCU Texas Book Award
- Author(s)Elmer Kelton,James Reasoner,James Ward Lee,Jeff Guinn,Judy Alter,Mary Dittoe Kelly,Mary Rogers,Mike Blackman,Mike Cochran,Phyllis Allen
- PublisherTexas Christian University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/10/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationFort Worth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Christian University Press,U.S.
- Weight277 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $29.41New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.83
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.