All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhysiology or medicine was the third prize area Alfred Nobel mentioned in his will. Nobel had an active interest in medical research. He came into contact with Swedish physiologist Jons Johansson through Karolinska Institute around 1890. Johansson worked for a brief period in Nobel's laboratory in Sevran, France during the same year. The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine is awarded by the Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institute. This volume is a collection of the Nobel lectures delivered by the Nobel Laureates, together with their biographies and the presentation speeches for the period 2006-2010.List of Laureates and their award citations:(2006) Andrew Z Fire and Craig C Mello - for their discovery of RNA interference-gene silencing by double-stranded RNA;(2007) Mario R Capecchi, Martin J Evans and Oliver Smithies - for their discoveries of principles for introducing specific gene modifications in mice by the use of embryonic stem cells;(2008) Harald zur Hausen - for his discovery of human papilloma viruses causing cervical cancer, and Francoise Barre-Siussi and Luc Montagnier - for their discovery of human immudeficiency virus;(2009) Elizabeth H Blackburn, Carol W Greider and Jack W Szostak - for the discovery of how chromosomes are protected by telomeres and the enzyme telomerase;(2010) Robert G Edwards - for the development of in vitro fertilization.
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing
- Date of Publication14/04/2015
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing
- Weight1057 g
- Width173 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byGoran K. Hansson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.