All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the summer of 1990, Todd Stuart built a hut high in the mountains of rthern Utah. Buried in sw for half the year, he has endured the phemenal challenges inherent to his choice. His choice required him to ski, bike and hike back and forth six miles to the local ski area where he worked. In order to pay child support on ski patroller wages, it was impossible to live conventionally. Eighteen years later, he still lives there, he's still alive, and this is his story.
- Author BiographyTodd Stuart moved to Utah in 1964 when he was five years old with his newly divorced mother. Raised in the dominant Mormon society, he rebelled during adolescence, as so many teenagers do. Having fallen in love with the mountains and canyons so close to where he lived, he pursued a life rich in exploration and adventure. This led him to search for life's true meaning, immersed in the amazing beauty of the American West. Early in this search, at age 22, he contracted viral encephalitis and was comatose for 11 days. Awakening miraculously, he struggled with the lack of spirituality inherent in our modern society. Having centered his life on the joy of skiing, his path to enlightenment led him to a life of unimaginable challenges and adventure in the mountains of his soul...
- Author(s)Todd Stuart
- Date of Publication17/01/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.