Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
About this product
- DescriptionMegan has spent forever planning her positively purple birthday sleepover. She's even made glittery purple invitations for every girl in her class. Then a new girl, Alexis Powell, joins their class. Alexis seems perfect: She's smart, pretty, and rules the soccer games on the playground. But matter how hard Megan tries to be a friend to Alexis, the new girl is aloof or rude. At first Megan thinks Alexis is shy. Then Megan starts to fear that Alexis is treating her differently because she's deaf. When the girls are forced to collaborate on a science fair project, Megan learns the truth -- and realizes that body's perfect. Once again Marlee Matlin draws on experiences from her own childhood to tell Megan's story. In this funny, poignant book, readers will root for Megan, a spirited young girl who doesn't let anything stand in her way.
- Author BiographyMarlee Matlin, deaf since she was eighteen months old, won the Academy Award and the Golden Globe for Best Actress for her role in Children of a Lesser God. She was nominated for Emmy Awards for her performances in Seinfeld, Picket Fences, The Practice, and Law & Order: SVU. Her film credits include It's My Party and What the Bleep Do We Know!? She is the author of Deaf Child Crossing. She has made numerous television appearances and currently appears on The L Word. Doug Cooney is the author of the middle-grade novels The Beloved Dearly and I Know Who Likes You. His musical adaptation of George Saunders's The Very Persistent Gappers of Frip recently premiered at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Los Angeles, produced by the Mark Taper Forum P.L.A.Y. Cooney also teaches songwriting and collaboration for Voices Within, an educational outreach program of the Los Angeles Master Chorale. He divides his time between Los Angeles and South Florida. You can visit him at www.dougcooney.com.
- Author(s)Doug Cooney,Marlee Matlin
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2007
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Weight162 g
- Width129 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementReprinted edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.