All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis photographic project shows the results of a month-long journey through Florida. In his images, Frank Hallam Day depicts the phemen of man and his environment in a unique manner and makes recreational vehicles - ultra-modern, high-tech and luxury homes on wheels - the brightly lit and dazzling stars of his pictures. They seem to be inextricably entwined in the jungle landscapes of Florida at night and appear as essential islands of security in a dark and hostile environment. The residents of the vehicles are never seen - they believe they are in perfect harmony with nature.
- Author BiographyFrank Hallam Day is a fine art photographer in Washington. He has taught photography at the Smithsonian Institution in other local programs. His work is in numerous museum and private collections in the United States and abroad, including the State Museum of Berlin, the Baltimore Museum of Art, the Portland Art Museum, the San Diego Museum of Photographic Arts and the Corcoran Gallery of Art. His artistic interests revolve around the themes of culture and history, and humanity s footprint on the natural world. Recent projects include the erasure of personal and cultural memory in East Berlin, and on the impact of globalization on African identity. He was a winner of the prestigious Leica Oskar Barnack Prize in 2012 and the Bader Prize in 2006, and was a finalist both for the Sondheim Prize in 2007, the Sony Prize in 2010, the Voies Off Prize at Arles in 2010, and has received several grants from the District of Columbia Commission on the Arts and Humanities. He was Artist in Residence at Acadia National Park in 2007, and was U.S. Cultural Envoy to Ethiopia in 2008. He has juried and curated numerous photography shows and competitions in the Washington area. He also writes on photography for Photo Review. Stephen Perloff Stephen Perloff is the founder and editor of The Photo Review and editor of The Photograph Collector. He has taught photography and the history of photography and has been the recipient of two grants from the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts for arts criticism. His articles have been reproduced in dozens of other journals and he has been called on as an expert to comment on the state of the photography market for publications such as The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication04/04/2013
- Place of PublicationHeidelberg
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight908 g
- Width303 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographer(s)Frank Hallam Day
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.