All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
About this product
- DescriptionNocturne: Dream Recipes is a unique bedtime book that hints at the magic inherent in dreaming.Twelve glow-in-the dark pictures present possible inspirations for a night in which the hidden world becomes visible. Just choose a dream from among the pictures and descriptions in the book, and then turn off the light to see a surprising glow-in-the-dark image. Included are dreams such as the dream of going far away, the boring book dream, the dream of the cat who smelled the tuna casserole, and even the drawn dream (which children can create themselves). Once again Isol s extraordinary creativity and humor have produced a truly wonderful, very original book. Excerpt (from the back cover): A boring dream is a waste of a night!In this book you will find adventurous dreams, silly dreams, funny dreams, even slightly scary dreams. All you have to do is follow these instructions:
- Choose one of the dreams in the book after reading the titles and looking at the pictures.
- Before you go to sleep, open the book to the dream you ve chosen, and place it on your night table under a bright light. Make sure you can see the picture when you are lying down.
- Turn out the light!
- You will see the lumius traces that the dream left behind on the page. Look for as long as you like, then close your eyes and follow the dream to its hiding place. This glow-in-the-dark book will make sure that night is wasted. Sweet dreams!
- Author BiographyIsol is an Argentine author and illustrator of children s books whose career arose from her passion for comic book artistry, literature and the visual arts. She has been nominated for the Astrid Lindgren Award, has been selected twice as a finalist for the Hans Christian Andersen Award and has won a Golden Apple at the Biennial of Illustration Bratislava. Her delightful leporello, Tener un patito es util (It s Useful to Have a Duck), was chosen by AIGA as one of its 50 Books/50 Covers for concept and design, and it was also named one of Los mejores libros para nin os y jovenes 2008 (The best books for children and youth 2008) by Venezuela s Banco del Libro. She has also written and illustrated Petit, the Monster and Beautiful Griselda, and she illustrated Doggy Slippers by Jorge Lujan. Her books are highly acclaimed by reviewers and have been published in Argentina, Mexico, Spain, France, Canada, and the US. Isol is also an advertising illustrator, a professional singer, a comic book writer, and an active blogger.
- PublisherGroundwood Books
- Date of Publication26/08/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGroundwood Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width163 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byElisa Amado
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.