All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses two extremely important aspects of workplaces, namely, ise and ergomics. Its thirteen chapters present and discuss theoretical and practical issues involving ise and/or ergomics, covering a wide and diverse spectrum of working environments that directly affect thousands of workers around the world. The design of the environment is discussed through the relationship between ergomics and architecture, revealing that the efficient integration between these factors allows us to outline boundaries in the search for solutions to the various specificities of the organisation and its different workplaces. The analytical techniques used throughout the book are widely diverse and include in-situ acoustic measurements, computer simulations and analysis of ise perception. The various working environments evaluated herein include schools, universities, health care facilities, fitness centres, factories, open plan offices, and urban buses.
- Author BiographyDr Zannin earned his BSc in Mechanical Engineering from the Federal University of Santa CatarinaUFSC, Brazil, in 1985, and his MSc in Mechanical Engineering, area of concentration of Acoustics and Vibrations, from the same university in 1991, under the guidance of Prof. PhD Samir N. Y. Gerges. His PhD was awarded by the Technische Universitat Berlin Institut fur Technische Akustik, Germany, in 1996, under the guidance of Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Manfred Heckl. He is Full Professor at the Federal University of Parana, Brazil and Coordinator of the Laboratory of Environmental and Industrial Acoustics and Acoustic Comfort LAAICA. He is the editor of the book Noise and Ergonomics in the Workplace, and the author of ninety scientific articles in the field of environmental noise and acoustic comfort in the built environment, most of them published in international journals. He has also published 17 book chapters in the area of Acoustics, and presented 58 papers at national and international scientific conferences. He has supervised 27 masters theses, three of them co-supervised, as well as six doctoral theses, two of them co-supervised. He has also supervised 30 undergraduate research projects. He is a member of the EAA European Acoustic Association and of the German Acoustical Society (DEGA). He is also a level 1B researcher of CNPq National Council for Scientific and Technological Development, a branch of Brazils Ministry of Science and Technology.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication02/05/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight638 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byPaulo Henrique Trombetta Zannin
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.