All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCreate an individualized education plan (IEP) and secure the education your child deserves! Children with learning disabilities have different needs than other kids in special education -- let Nolo's IEP Guide: Learning Disabilities help you work with your child's school to make sure those needs are met. This one-of-a-kind book walks you through the Individual Education Program process, providing all the instructions, suggestions, resources, and forms you need to understand the special education system. Step by step, you'll learn how to: - understand your child's rights- prepare to make your case- untangle eligibility rules and evaluations- develop effective IEP goals- figure out the best programs, services and teaching strategies- get ready for IEP meetings- resolve disputes with the school district- do legal research on learning-disability issues This edition has been updated to reflect the latest laws, federal regulations, and court decisions that affect the IEP process, and includes fully up-to-date forms, sample letters, and resources to help you every step of the way. Plus, read an expanded section about appropriate education measures resulting from a recent U.S. Supreme Court case, and get new details on eligibility for special education services for your child.
- Author BiographyLawrence Siegel has been a Special Education Attorney and Advocate since 1979, and has represented children with disabilities extensively in IEPs, due process, complaints, legal action and before legislative and policy bodies. Mr. Siegel has lectured and consulted with advocacy and parent groups throughout the country and is a member of the California Advisory Commission on Special Education. He has written special education legislation that has been adopted in several states and is the author of Least Restrictive Environment: The Paradox of Inclusion (LRP Publications, 1994). Mr. Siegel is the founder and Director of the National Deaf Education Project which works to ensure that the fundamental communication needs of deaf and hard of hearing children are part of the educational system. In 2004-5 he was appointed to an endowed chair at Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C. for his work as an advocate special education.
- Author(s)Lawrence M Siegel
- Date of Publication16/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight662 g
- Width180 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement6th
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.