All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- Description* Seven common bear encounters and how to survive them * Best ways to identify grizzlies and black bears * Learn essential info on bear behavior at different times of year and in different habitats Traveling in bear country comes with responsibilities to camp and hike in ways that respect the natural activities of bears. To give you the information you need to coexist with bears, NOLS Bear Essentials draws on NOLS' expertise and their 40 years of experience leading trips in bear country, as well as the input of ted scientists who have studied bears and their relationships with people. Learn ways to set up camp so as to t attract bears, the safest options for storing food when car camping and backpacking, and how to protect yourself while fishing and hunting.
- Author BiographyJohn Gookin, PhD, is a life-long educator. He currently manages curriculum and research at NOLS, where he has worked for 33 years. John has been studying backcountry lightning safety for 15 years and is a member of the Lightning Safety Team at the National Weather Service. He lives in Lander, WY.
- Author(s)John Gooki,Tom Reed
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication30/07/2009
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white halftones
- Weight5 g
- Width101 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.