All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNols Bear Essentials draws on NOLS' expertise, their 40 years of experience leading trips in bear country, as well as the input of ted scientists who have studied bears and their relationships with people. This book helps you learn ways to set up camp so as to t attract bears, the safest options for storing food when car camping and backpacking, and how to protect yourself while fishing and hunting. It offers information on seven common bear encounters and how to survive them. It also presents best ways to identify grizzlies and black bears, and essential info on bear behaviour at different times of year and in different habitats.
- Author BiographyJohn Gookin, PhD, is a life-long educator. He currently manages curriculum and research at NOLS, where he has worked for 33 years. John has been studying backcountry lightning safety for 15 years and is a member of the Lightning Safety Team at the National Weather Service. He lives in Lander, WY.
- Author(s)John Gooki,Tom Reed
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication30/07/2009
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Noteb/w photos & illus
- Weight91 g
- Width100 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.