All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSomething big is coming... Big eugh to destroy the entire solar system... And it's heading straight for Earth. That's what Dr. Ben Rollins, head of Harvard's exoplanet research team, is told by NASA after being dragged out of bed in the middle of the night. His first instinct is to call his daughter, Jessica, who's vacationing in Italy with his wife: something is coming, he tells them, a hundred times the mass of our sun. We can't see it, we don't kw what it is, but it's there. They're calling it Nomad, and the Earth may be destroyed in months. Set firmly in the realm of God-I-hope-t science fiction, Mather grounds his story in hard facts, weaving a story that is all too plausible, gritty and realistic. - Peter Cawdron, bestselling author of Amaly But what is it? And how did they miss detecting it until w? In a frantic race against time, Dr. Rollins must unravel Nomad's secrets. A mysterious clue surfaces in his old research papers from the end of the Cold War, more than thirty years before... The world erupts into chaos as the end approaches-and Ben discovers that his wife and daughter are trapped in Europe. The key to humanity's survival may rest in the final answers he pieces together, in the midst of his desperate scramble across continents to find his family before Nomad swallows the planet. An instant classic of the apocalyptic genre, a petrifyingly wild ride. - A.C. Hadfield, bestselling author of The Atlantis Ship. MORE ABOUT NOMAD For lovers of apocalyptic fiction, Nomad is the disaster story to end them all, a cataclysm all the more plausible and terrifying as the science behind it is vetted by a team of world-class astrophysicists from CERN, SETI, the Keck Observatory and more. It even comes with its own simulation video, for those interested. Nomad comes from the mind of award-winning, Amazon Best-Seller Matthew Mather, whose books have sold a half million copies and been translated into sixteen languages, with 20th Century Fox developing his second vel, CyberStorm, for film.
- Author BiographyTranslated into sixteen languages, with 20th Century Fox now developing his second novel, CyberStorm, for a major film release, Matthew Mather's books are sold worldwide. He began his career at the McGill Center for Intelligent Machines, then started several high-tech ventures in everything from computational nanotechnology to electronic health records, weather prediction systems to genomics, and even designed an award-winning brain-training video game. He now works as a full-time author of speculative fiction.
- Author(s)Matthew Mather
- PublisherMatthew Mather Ulc
- Date of Publication12/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMatthew Mather Ulc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.