All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume comprises 28 papers presented at the 1
st International Conference on Non-Dominant Varieties of Pluricentric Languages in Graz (Austria) in July 2011. The conference was also held in memory of Michael Clyne - eminent linguist, scholar, language enthusiast and advocate of multilingualism who died in October 2010. The volume pays homage to his important contributions in many fields of linguistics and in the theory of pluricentric languages. The conference in Graz was the first international event to document the situation of n-dominant varieties world-wide in order to identify common or diverging features. It provided substantial insights into the codification and in corpus and status planning of n-dominant varieties. The volume deals with 18 languages and 31 different national and other varieties in 29 countries of the world.
- Author BiographyRudolf Muhr is the founder and director of the Austrian German Research Center and a member of the Center for Plurilingualism at Graz University. He worked in the fields of linguistics and German as a foreign or second language. The focus of his research and his teaching activities is on sociolinguistics and pragmatics.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication09/03/2012
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleOsterreichisches Deutsch - Sprache der Gegenwart
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight750 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byRudolf Muhr
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.