All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe place of native and n-native speakers in the role of English teachers has probably been an issue ever since English was taught internationally. Although ESL and EFL literature is awash, in fact dependent upon, the scrutiny of n-native learners, interest in n-native academics and teachers is fairly new. Until recently, the voices of n-native speakers articulating their own concerns have been even rarer. This book is a response to this table vacuum in the ELT literature, providing a forum for language educators from diverse geographical origins and language backgrounds. In addition to presenting autobiographical narratives, these authors argue sociopolitical issues and discuss implications for teacher education, all relating to the theme of n-native educators in ETL. All of the authors are n-native speakers of English. Some are long established professionals, whereas others are more recent initiates to the field. All but one received part of the higher education in North America, and all except two of the chapters are at least partially contextualized in North America. Particularly relevant for n-native speakers who aspire to enter the profession, graduate students in TESOL programs, and teacher educators, the unique nature of this book's contributors and its contents will interest researchers and professionals in applied linguistics generally and in ELT, and all those who are concerned with the role of n-native speakers in English-language teaching.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/03/1999
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMahwah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLawrence Erlbaum Associates Inc
- Content Noteports.
- Weight408 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGeorge Braine
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.