All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHeretofore, Abaelard's theology has been examined in close connection with his studies on Aristotelian logic. It is here argued that Abaelard's criticism of Aristotle implies a logico-linguistic approach which is much closer to the Stoics. While definite traces of this n-ontological linguistic approach appear in the first theological work and its parallel texts in the continuum, his later theological writings, equally intent on avoiding talk of ontological substances, are closely related to Stoic tions which Abaelard had already worked through in his Ethics.
- Author(s)Daniel F. Blackwell
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/04/1988
- Series TitleBasler & Berner Studien zur Historischen & Systematischen Theologie
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 56
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published1988
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight480 g
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.