All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.79Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a highly illustrated how-to-do-it book. There are very few such books specifically covering n-precious material techniques, but there has been a recent increase in the creative use of n-precious materials in jewellery-making. Using a step-by-step approach, this book is an easy and accessible, but thorough, introduction to n-precious materials and techniques. Examples of appropriate techniques for each material are featured as making sequences, alongside showcased pieces from contemporary jewellers in different materials. Throughout are suggestions for taking the techniques further and developing original designs, and there is a final section of design briefs, which will show you how to complete a project. Materials covered include: rubber, resin, polypropylene, acrylic, cellulose acetate, nylon, wood, fibre, felt, cloth, paper, stone, titanium, steel, aluminium, tin, copper, leather, brass and bone. Techniques to be covered include: cutting/piercing, laser cutting, joining/fixing, gluing, drilling, colouring/dyeing, heat forming, casting, scoring and bending, laminating, vacuum forming, electroplating, finished, knitting/ktting, blocking and shaping, origami, flocking, beading and embossing. Projects will include necklaces, bangles, brooches and earrings.
- Author BiographyKathie Murphy is also the author of our highly successful Jewellery Handbook: Resin Jewellery (2002, 2005). She is a well-known UK jeweller, and exhibits regularly at Origin and at Dazzle Exhibitions (which she also manages). She is on the Crafts Council list of makers. Kathie teaches at both Middlesex University and Northbrook College, Sussex, and has run a workshop at West Dean College, Sussex.
- Author(s)Kathie Murphy
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/05/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleDesign and Make
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note120 full colour
- Weight423 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.