All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNonfiction Writing grade 5 provides 16 units of instruction and practice activities. Each unit focuses on a specific nfiction writing form and includes guided lessons with accompanying student pages that target skills essential to that writing form. The units are grouped into three sections: expository, persuasive, and narrative writing.Focused instruction on important nfiction writing forms! Provide your students with guided instruction and activities that will strengthen their nfiction writing skills as they practice expository, persuasive, and narrative writing. Each unit centers on a basic element or specific form of nfiction writing and includes guided lessons and accompanying student pages with activities. Each lesson targets a specific skill essential to that element or form. Because the writing forms covered are often found on standardized tests, the activities are a great tool for test prep. You'll love Nonfiction Writing because each title provides... direct instruction on the form-specific skills students need in order to master expository, persuasive, and narrative nfiction writing. exposure to writing forms such as persuasive essay, biography, and research report, which helps prepare students for standardized testing. easy-to-follow lesson plans that present teachers with guided instruction and ideas for modeling each skill. engaging writing models, activities, and reviews that feature grade-appropriate topics to motivate students as they strengthen their writing. Each unit includes: teacher pages with guided instruction and modeling of the targeted skill, as well as reduced student pages with answers and sample responses at a glance. student activity pages that allow students to apply the writing skills they've learned. a review lesson that guides students through the process of critiquing and revising a flawed example of the writing form. Some units include an optional extension activity to further explore the skill or writing form. Help your students develop solid nfiction writing skills with the engaging, skill-based practice in Nonfiction Writing!
- Author(s)Evan-Moor Educational Publishers
- PublisherEvan Moor Educational Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleNonfiction Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEvan Moor Educational Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width211 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.