All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionSharmila Majumdar In the area of osteoporosis and skeletal changes, it is currently accepted that bone mineral density (BMD), widely used for screening, monitoring and assessing therapeutic efficacy, does t adequately explain the pathogenesis of osteoporosis, the process of aging, or the therapeutic efficacy of various treatments. In this context, trabecular micro- architecture has ermous potential to contribute to understanding the pathophysiology of osteopor.osis and therapy assessment. The use and value of ninvasive imaging and quantitative image analysis and processing of trabecular bone micro-architecture have increased dramatically due to recent advances in instrumentation and software. This emerging field is diverse, interdisciplinary, and encompasses many different imaging modalities. Interested researchers include those involved in technique development, basic science and animal studies, as well as clinical researchers and practicing physicians. With the growth of this area of research, a group of investigators at the 11th Interna- tional Workshop of Bone Densitometry, 1 concluded that a forum dedicated to this matter was urgently needed. With this agenda, Dr. Peter Ruegsegger organized the first sympo- 2 sium on conjunction with the 10th Conference of the European Society of Biomechanics. The symposium on Bone Architecture and Competence was a two-hourlong event which resulted in five chapters in Bone Research and Biomechanics, edited by G. Lowet, P. Ruegsegger, H. Weinans, and A. Meunier, published by lOS Press, 1997. The second symposium was held as a pre-symposium to the 12th Workshop on Bone Denistometry,3 and flourished as a daylong event.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/09/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number496
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight470 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byBrian K. Bay,Sharmila Majumdar
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2001
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.