All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing current contributions by experts in signal processing and biomedical engineering, this book introduces the concepts, recent advances, and implementations of nlinear dynamic analysis methods. Together with Volume I in this series, this book provides comprehensive coverage of nlinear signal and image processing techniques. Nonlinear Biomedical Signal Processing: Volume II combines analytical and biological expertise in the original mathematical simulation and modeling of physiological systems. Detailed discussions of the analysis of steady-state and dynamic systems, discrete-time system theory, and discrete modeling of continuous-time systems are provided. Biomedical examples include the analysis of the respiratory control system, the dynamics of cardiac muscle and the cardiorespiratory function, and neural firing patterns in auditory and vision systems. Examples include relevant MATLAB(r) and Pascal programs. Topics covered include:* Nonlinear dynamics * Behavior and estimation* Modeling of biomedical signals and systems* Heart rate variability measures, models, and signal assessments* Origin of chaos in cardiovascular and gastric myoelectrical activity* Measurement of spatio-temporal dynamics of human epileptic seizuresA valuable reference book for medical researchers, medical faculty, and advanced graduate students, it is also essential reading for practicing biomedical engineers. Nonlinear Biomedical Signal Processing, Volume II is an excellent companion to Dr. Akay's Nonlinear Biomedical Signal Processing, Volume I: Fuzzy Logic, Neural Networks, and New Algorithms.
- Author BiographyAbout the Editor Metin Akay is currently an assistant professor at Dartmouth College. A noted speaker, editor, and author, Dr. Akay has spent several years conducting research in the areas of fuzzy neural networks and signal processing, wavelet transform, and detection and estimation theory. His biomedical research areas include the autonomic nervous system, maturation, respiratory-related evoked response, noninvasive detection of coronary artery disease, and estimation of cardiac output. Dr. Akay is the founding series editor of the IEEE Press Series on Biomedical Engineering. In 1997 he received the prestigious Early Career Achievement Award from the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS). He is the program chair of both the annual IEEE EMBS Conference and Summer School for 2001. Dr. Akay has published several papers in the field and authored or coauthored eleven books, including Time Frequency and Wavelets in Biomedical Signal Processing (IEEE Press, 1998) and Nonlinear Biomedical Signal Processing, Volume I: Fuzzy Logic, Neural Networks, and New Algorithms (IEEE Press, 2000). He holds two U.S. patents.
- Author(s)Metin Akay
- Date of Publication06/09/2000
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleIEEE Press Series on Biomedical Engineering
- Place of PublicationPiscataway NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIEEE Publications,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight824 g
- Width188 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.