All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book treats computational modeling of structures in which strong nlinearities are present. It is therefore a work in mechanics and engineering, although the discussion centers on methods that are considered parts of applied mathematics. The task is to simulate numerically the behavior of a structure under various imposed excitations, forces, and displacements, and then to determine the resulting damage to the structure, and ultimately to optimize it so as to minimize the damage, subject to various constraints. The method used is iterative: at each stage an approximation to the displacements, strains, and stresses throughout the structure is computated and over all times in the interval of interest. This method leads to a general approach for understanding structural models and the necessary approximations.
- Author(s)J. G. Simmonds,Pierre Ladeveze
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/12/1998
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleMechanical Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight514 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement395th
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.26New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.75New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.