All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book attempts to integrate two lines of research. It joins the tradition of nlinear macrodynamic models of cyclical growth, in particular the Goodwin/Kaldor/Phillips-type models of persistent fluctuations and limit cycles. Capital deepening and capital widening investment is introduced into models of cyclical growth. This approach is combined with recent neo-Keynesian analysis of wage-price formation and unemployment theory. Unemployment is decomposed in terms of demand deficiencies, job shortages, and the impact of capital-labor substitution. In this way a dynamic analysis of unemployment in terms of Classical, Keynesian and techlogical elements is obtained. It is shown that different components of unemployment can display their own cyclical frequencies and patterns. In this way the typical long and short term cyclical behavior of unemployment is simulated by an integrated nlinear model of persistent growth cycles.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Boe Thio was born in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, in 1948. He studied in mathematical economics/econometrics. He is currently working in the field of macroeconomics at the Faculty of Economics of the University of Amsterdam, where he completed a doctoral dissertation.
- Author(s)Boe Thio
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/05/1994
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notefig. and tab.
- Weight320 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.