All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces the reader the theory of nlinear inclusions and hemivariational inequalities with emphasis on the study of contact mechanics. The work covers both abstract results in the area of nlinear inclusions, hemivariational inequalities as well as the study of specific contact problems, including their modelling and their variational analysis. Provided results are based on original research on the existence, uniqueness, regularity and behavior of the solution for various classes of nlinear stationary and evolutionary inclusions. In carrying out the variational analysis of various contact models, one systematically uses results of hemivariational inequalities and, in this way, illustrates the applications of nlinear analysis in contact mechanics. New mathematical methods are introduced and applied in the study of nlinear problems, which describe the contact between a deformable body and a foundation. Contact problems arise in industry, engineering and geophysics. Their variational analysis presented in this book lies the background for their numerical analysis. This volume will interest mathematicians, applied mathematicians, engineers, and scientists as well as advanced graduate students.
- Author(s)Anna Ochal,Mircea Sofonea,Stanislaw Migorski
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/09/2012
- Series TitleAdvances in Mechanics and Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number26
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight619 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.